(click to enlarge)
TBSUnion.com is solely a fansite dedicated to the band many of us have
come to love, Taking Back Sunday. We are in no way affiliated with them.
All images are copyright to their original owners. No copyright infringement is intended.
- The name Taking Back Sunday came from a song by The Waiting Process, a band from Long Island.
- First song written by the old lineup was Great Romances of the 20th Century.
- First song written by the new lineup was Bonus Mosh Pt.II
- Second song written by the new lineup was A Decade Under The Influence.
- Tell All Your Friends back album cover was taken by Adam on his trusty joycam.
- Where You Want To Be cover displays Eddie as a baby.
- Louder Now cover was based on photograph called'New York City, 1963' by a New York photographer named Joel Meyerowitz.
- Exit 152 is a place where Adam and his friends would meet up in North Carolina, its included in all 3 albums.
- Nicknames during the recording of TAYF. Ed was "Meat", John was "Tweakle, Adam was "Freakle", Mark was "Nerves", and Shaun was "Navy."
- They played 3 shows under the secret name of Booze & Adventure to try out the new members of the band with the fans.
- Played a secret show under the name "Lance Striker & the Rockaholics" on May 5th 2008 to debut new guitarist Matt Fazzi.
- The Ballad of Sal Villanueva was recorded right after TAYF and they named it after their producer as a little shout out.
- Neil Reubenstein does some vocals/screams on the songs There's No I In Team, Timberwolves At New Jersey, and Head Club.
- Nick Torres from Northstar/Cassino and Neil Rubenstein from These Enzymes lended their vocals and small tidbits of their lyrical genuis to WYWTB.
- During their first appearance on Last Call with Carson Daly in which they played You're So Last Summer, they also played Cute Without The 'E'
- A title thrown around for their 2nd album was 'Make It Your Business'.
- Fred never really tried out for the band, Eddie basically told him he was already in.
- Appeared on a Degrassi episode called Whats It Feel Like To Be A Ghost and also a Degrassi mini webisode.
- Have appeared on the soundtracks of Spiderman 2 (This Photograph Is Proof), Elektra (Your Own Disaster), Fantastic Four (Error Operator), and Transformers ( Whats It Feel Like To Be A Ghost).
- The 'Bree Ann' in 'I Am Fred Astaire' & 'I'll Let You Live (demo)' is just a close friend of the band and they included her name in it as a shout out.
- The video for Cute Without The 'E' was based on the movie Fight Club, a poster can also be seen in Great Romances video.
- Original concept for Cute was for the girls to beat up members of the band.
- Timberwolves At New Jersey is not an officially released music video.
- Flavor Flav appears in You're So Last Summer video singing John's vocals since Fred was still new in the band. It was aslo Mark's idea to have a rapper in the video.
- You're So Last Summer was shot at Fulton Ferry State Park in Brooklyn.
- The video for A Decade Under The Influence was filmed in a shipyard in Brooklyn.
- The Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know) video was directed by Tom Delonge of Blink 182/Angels and Airwaves.
- The video for Set Phasers To Stun was sent to the band done, they loved it and released it and made a Making The Video for it.
- The room used for the MakeDamnSure video was actually a refrigerator.
- Twenty-Twenty Surgery is based off of the movie Walk the Line and was released as a single in the UK only. Shot in an abandonded LA jail.
- Song titles from Tell All Your Friends & Where You Want To Be are mainly from inside jokes or t.v. titles.
- The sound clip on the demo version of "Great Romances" was a clip from the movie Beautiful Girls. (wasn't on the album because they couldn't get the rights.)
- The lyric from Ghost Man On Third, "It's a campaign of distraction and revisionist history" can be found in the book A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.
- Antonio Longo sings on the early demos.
- Stevie D. did the drumming on the songs "Go On" and "Summer Stars".
- Jesse Lacey does back-up vocals on the demos "Go On" and "Summer Stars".
- Chorus from My Blue Heaven is originally from Breaking Pangaeas' Wedding Dress.
- The words 'Taking Back Sunday' appear in the song 'Sick' by Breaking Pangaea.
- Vocals for Divine Intervention were recorded on the studio's roof.
- Michelle Nolan does the back-up vocals for Bike Scene and Ghost Man On Third.
- Fred's wife Elena sings on 'I'll Let You Live'.
- The line 'If You See Something, Say Something' from the song Brooklyn is the NYC metro transit authority slogan.
- My Blue Heaven has no relation to the movie, its just a coincidence.
- The line 'I got it bad' from A Decade Under The Influence is said to be a homage to Van Halens 'Hot For Teacher' (got it bad, got it bad, im hot for teacher) since Fred loves them.
- Adam once called Set Phasers To Stun 'You're Nothing But A Goddamn Haircut' but Eddie said another name for Bonus Mosh could of been 'Youíre Just Another Stupid Haircut'.
- The lines 'best bet let alone your worst ex' and 'dont call my name out your winder, im leaving' come curtesy of Neil Reubenstein.
- -The lyrics 'Is this what you call tact? You're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back. So let's end this call, and end this conversation' can also be heard in the Brand New song "Seventy Times Seven".
- Jokingly called 'What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost' 'They're Probably In There Teaching Bees Algebra so They Can Kill Us' during the JEW tour when debuting songs like that and Error Operator.
- Bike Scene originally called 'Monetary Peninsula Bike Scene'.
- Cute Without The 'E' (Cut From The Team) is said to be a line a friend was saying one night.
- Great Romances of the 20th Century is a title of a tv show were they showed famous couples of the 20th century.
- Ghost Man On Third refers to a baseball game of leaving a ghost man on base when the person occupying that base needs to go back and bat.
- Theres No 'I' In Team is a response to Brand New's song "Seventy Times 7" (google for the speculated story behind it)
- Timberwolves at New Jersey refers to a basketball game Minnesota Timberwolves at New Jersey Nets.
- The Blue Channel refers to when the tv turns blue because they have no programs scheduled.
- You Know How I Do is a line repeated in the movie Made.
- 180 By Summer was about a bet were Eddie was supposed to weigh 180 lbs by summer, but he lost.
- Bonus Mosh Pt. II came from a friend "Whoa, thatís a bonus mosh part two, man, thatís cool. Itís like a second mosh part in the song" while listening to a demo version.
- I Am Fred Astaire refers to how Adam is the king of dancing around subjects.
- Number Five With A Bullet is a line from the movie High Fidelity.
- Set Phasers To Stun, Adam said "We wanna harm them but we don't wanna kill them"
- Error Operator was specifically written for the character of Mr. Fantastic in Fantastic Four.
- The Ballad of Sal Villanueva is named after the producer of Tell All Your Friends.
- Follow The Format is about a quote where John basically said all the songs had the same song structure and he wanted to do something different, so this is like a little stab at that or so fans like to believe.